It has been widely recognized that we have done a disservice to the flora that normally lives in our lower bowels. We have found links between robust health and a healthy gut. We have destroyed much of the beneficial flora that should exist in our lower intestines.
Over the past few years there have been many products that have arrived on the market that helps to replenish a healthy balance of flora in our intestines. You will find products like yogurts, milk kefir and probiotics in pill, powdered and even liquid form.
We can get probiotics from a variety of sources – mostly from foods that have been fermented or cultured such as sauerkraut, homemade ketchup, sourdough, yogurt, kimchi, miso, tempeh, kefir and kombucha.
Kombucha is probably the most popular of the probiotic beverages presently on the market. It is water based and soy free so does not some of the more common allergens found in some of the other sources.
Brew Dr. is one of the latest kombucha on the market and offers some unique flavourings.
Citrus Hops – Our new Citrus Hops kombucha is the first crossover between craft beer and non-alcoholic kombucha. This crisp and refreshing brew is loaded with northwest Chinook hops, white tea and oranges.
Filtered water, organic white tea, organic cane sugar, organic hops, organic oranges, organic coriander
Clear Mind – Brew Dr.’s Clear Mind kombucha has a brilliant flavor with distinct notes of rosemary and sage. It is our mission to make beverages that are wholesome for the body, and we have found that a happy body begets a happy mind. All herbs used in this brew are recognized for their ability to assist in mental clarity and focus.
- Ingredients: Filtered water, Townshend’s organic Soaring Crane green tea, organic cane sugar, organic rosemary, organic peppermint, organic sage, organic dandelion root
Just Ginger – is brewed simply from Townshend’s organic Bai Lin Gongfu black tea, organic yerba máte, organic sugar and copious amounts of organic ginger root. The resulting kombucha is satisfyingly spicy and subtly sweet with a clean, unaltered flavor of just ginger.
- Ingredients: Filtered water, Townshend’s organic Bai Lin Gongfu black tea, organic cane sugar, organic ginger, organic yerba máte
Lemon Ginger Cayenne – We start with a light lemony kombucha, lovingly crafted with Soaring Crane green tea and the leaves of the lemon myrtle tree. Potent organic ginger combines with the heat of cayenne pepper in this spicy, yet refreshing, brew.
- Ingredients: Filtered water, Townshend’s organic Soaring Crane green tea, organic cane sugar, organic ginger, organic lemongrass, organic cayenne pepper, organic lemon balm
Love – The combination of jasmine and lavender creates a unique and refreshing flavor, making this a very popular brew during the warmer months. Of course, Love is good anytime of the year.
- Ingredients: Filtered water, Townshend’s organic jasmine green tea, organic cane sugar, organic lavender, organic chamomile, organic damiana, organic rose
Nutronic – This is a brew for the seasoned kombucha drinker. Made with medicinal herbs that have stood the test of time, Brew Dr.’s Nutritonic kombucha is the ideal drink for maintaining health and wellness. Starting with a dark green Japanese Sencha and yerba máte tea base, Nutritionic is loaded with organic herbs from Townshend’s Apothecary.
- Ingredients: Filtered water, Townshend’s organic sencha, organic cane sugar, organic yerba máte, organic peppermint, organic nettle, organic alfalfa, organic lemon balm
Superberry – This delicately crafted brew is pleasing to the palate as well as the body. Brew Dr.’s Superberry kombucha is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, and as Wuyi Mountain Oolong is harvested in the spring, we feel it is the perfect tea base for our collection of wild flowers and berries.
- Ingredients: Filtered water, Townshend’s organic Wuyi Mountain Oolong tea, organic cane sugar, organic currants, organic elderberry, organic hibiscus and organic rose hips
Spiced Apple – Brew Dr.’s Spiced Apple is the closest kombucha has ever come to pie. With tones of cinnamon and nutmeg, this calming wintery kombucha is a uniquely cider-like experience. Starting with black tea and finishing with a mix of classic cider spices, this kombucha definitely has the most devoted and passionate fan base.
- Ingredients: Filtered water, Townshend’s organic Bai Lin Gongfu black tea, organic cane sugar, organic cinnamon, organic nutmeg, organic clove, organic apple
White Rose – Brew Dr.’s White Rose kombucha is crafted with organic white tea. As the white tea’s light and refreshing nature lends itself perfectly to the crisp sweetness of kombucha, the subtle presence of rose gives this delicate drink a soft floral finish.
- Ingredients: Filtered water, Townshend’s organic White Peony tea, organic cane sugar, organic rose
All Brew Dr (Brew Doctor) kombuchas contain 70 calories per bottle. See their website for nutrition facts.
Check out our other probiotic beverages like KeVita Kefir based drinks and other kombucha beverages. We also have some milk based kefir and of course some excellent organic yogurts.
- All descriptions, nutritional data, images came from the manufacturer’s website. Additional comments by Michael Kalmanovitch