Today I saw a post by Food Tank regarding apps for smart phones that helps people choose foods that are local, in season, non-GMO, health or pesticide information.
Food Revolution also has a good listing.
I thought that people reading this blog would be interested in some of them. These are links that focus on resources from the USA but some of them will relate to our foods in Canada.
- Pesticide Action Network – What’s on My Food App (though I don’t know why they only have an Apple app)
- True Food – GMO tracking App.
- Love Food Hate Waste – Reduce Food Waste App
- Environmental Working Group – Dirty Dozen listing
- Buycott – food campaign app. Powerful tool to join or start your own campaign against companies or policies.
Thanks for caring for our planet and thefood you choose 🙂
– Posted October 13th, 2014