Come and join our team! Employment Opportunity – Produce Manager.
We are currently looking for Full-Time Produce Manager at our Whyte Avenue (9605-82 Avenue) location.
We are an independent and locally-owned grocery enterprise. We offer the community information and products that support good health and reduce our individual and collective ecological impact on the planet. Find out more about our store at our ‘About Us‘ page.
Our present Produce Manager has been with us for four years and has been an excellent partner in our operation but she has now decided that she would like to travel along another path at this point in her life. We/I wish them well on their journey.
Employment Opportunity – Produce Manager
The produce manager will be responsible for the smooth operation of the produce department. The people applying for this position should have a passion for fresh organic produce.
You would work with the General Manager and Owner. You will bring with you knowledge and experience that will improve our produce department and our store.
You should have some or most of the following attributes:
- 2 years produce experience (related experience will be considered)
- experience managing people
- experience, or a thorough understanding, of what certified organic means
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- ability to work independently and with a team
- ability to communicate effectively (orally and written)
- Manage the produce department – 4-5 staff
- Ordering – working directly with local organic producers and other suppliers
- Inventory control
- Displays and merchandising
- Customer service
- Special Orders
- Quality control
- Safety and well-being of staff and customers
- Engage in continuous learning in response to the increasing variety of products and development of the store
- Effective Communication Skills – verbally and written
- Customer Service Orientation
- Positive Attitude
- Willingness and Ability to Learn
Earth’s General Store just became the first independent grocery store in Edmonton to offer all staff after their probation period a living wage.
Starting wage will be commensurate with experience and knowledge. Performance and wage review after 3 months probation period.
After 3 months at a minimum of 25 hours per week you are offered a benefits package that includes life insurance, dental, drug and extended health care (such as massage therapy) coverage
Higher Vacation Pay
EGS employees receive 6% holiday pay instead of the required 4%.
Staff are provided a 15% discount on all store products.
Depending on availability and staffing schedules, 35-40 hours per week. Current schedule is 8-4 Sunday through Thursday. Must be available for some evenings & weekends. Schedules are posted two weeks in advance.
How to Apply
Send your resumé and cover letter to [email protected] or drop them off at the Whyte Avenue store.
We appreciate all the applications but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.